opc_loader
Merken
Asprey

Asprey was founded in 1781

Asprey Jewellery Asprey was founded in 1781 in Mitcham, South London. It was here that William Asprey established a silk printing business. William’s son Charles and his grandson, also Charles, expanded the business into the metallic arts. In 1841 the elder Charles went into partnership with a London stationer located on Bond Street. In 1847 the Asprey family broke with their partner and moved into 167 New Bond Street, the premises Asprey occupies today.
Asprey established its reputation as the premier maker of luxury goods by winning a gold medal for its dressing cases at the International Exhibition of 1862. In the same year Asprey was granted a Royal Warrant by Queen Victoria.