opc_loader
JEWELERS & MAKERS
Verdura

Verdura

Fulco della Cerda, Duke of Verdura

 

Fulco della Cerda, Duke of Verdura arrived in 1926 in Paris from his native Palermo. He worked for Coco Chanel, initially as a textile designer and eventually as head jewellery designer. In 1937 he settled in the United States. For two years he worked as designer for Paul Flato until he opened his own shop in New York in 1939. After World War II he opened a second shop in Paris. In a time when platinum was the most popular metal Verdura worked with gold mounting set with precious and semi-precious stones. In 1972 he sold his business to his associate and retired to London. In 1985 Verdura Inc. was puchased by Edward J. Landrigan who continued to produce fine jewels from Verdura's original

 

Member of:

Lid van de Vereniging Beurs voor den Diamanthandel Amsterdam

Member of the World Federation of Diamond Bourses